What is Care Team?
A family’s overall health and well-being is determined by multiple factors including access to health care, good health behaviors, stability with social/economic factors and a safe physical environment. When there are challenges or concerns in these areas, it can be difficult for caregivers to find the needed resources to support their family. The James City County Care Team has partnered with WJCC Public Schools, Child Development Resources (CDR) and Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center in support of families who are experiencing challenges in multiple domains of health and well-being.
Care Team Support
The Care Team includes a coordinator, a nurse case manager and a social work case manager. The team provides an intensive level of support services for the entire family, including connections with health providers, community resources and development of skills to maintain a healthier lifestyle. Services are provided in the home or in the community, with the ultimate goal of caregiver and family self-sufficiency. All services are voluntary and provided at no cost.
Who is Eligible for Care Team Services?
- Families with children residing in James City County
- Caregivers or children without health care coverage, and/or a primary medical home
- Caregivers or children with a physical health diagnosis
- Families experiencing challenges with income, employment, or food supply
- Families experiencing housing instability or homelessness
- Caregivers willing to make changes for their family’s well-being
Funding provided by the Williamsburg Health Foundation