In addition to completing a building permit application you will need to provide the following:
- Two sets of construction documents which have met the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code. Drawings may be required to be prepared and sealed by a professional engineer or licensed architect as required by the Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- A copy of the site plan that has been approved by the James City County Planning Division (prepared by a land surveyor, architect or engineer licensed as such in the Commonwealth of Virginia) is required noting all structure(s). The site plan shall meet the specifications of Article 2 of the County Zoning Ordinance.
- A geotechnical report identifying soil conditions and bearing capacities.
- A tap fee receipt for structures on public water and sewer; or
- A permit to install a sewage system or modify an existing sewage system from the State Health Department.
- A land disturbing permit may be obtained after receiving preliminary site plan approval. Refer to section on Land Disturbing Permits.